Dates: 4th - 6th December 2023
Duration: Three days
Learn how to integrate corporate sustainability into your business strategy, while remaining competitive and profitable.
Developing organisations with a sense of purpose that can create value for shareholders and stakeholders is a key challenge for today’s global executives. Companies that achieve this can develop a competitive advantage in their industry and make sustainability profitable.
If you’re a senior corporate leader who’s looking to define or execute a new sustainability strategy, this UCL programme is for you. It will help you understand the shift from approaches based on traditional corporate social responsibility to a strategic approach focused on managing risks and opportunities; it also explores the business opportunities associated with sustainability.
This up-to-date thinking on sustainability and how to convince investors and stakeholders of its value is useful for everyone from CEOs, COOs and CFOs to investment professionals, business academics and non-profit and government leaders.
This inspiring programme will help you understand how corporate sustainability works, articulate the business case for change, formulate ambitious sustainability strategies, and manage any trade-offs. Following the programme you’ll be equipped to drive change in your organisation, raising your profile and helping to prove that sustainability can go hand-in-hand with improved financial performance.
Over the three days you spend at UCL, you will explore:
- Why the problems of the world become problems for business
- How modern corporate sustainability differs from traditional CSR and ethics
- The link between sustainability performance and financial performance
- How to build the business case for corporate sustainability
- The profile of sustainability leaders
- How to design a sustainability strategy that your CFO will like
- How to design sustainability initiatives that create shared value
- Sustainability-oriented innovation and co-creation practices with stakeholders
- Changing the organisation and creating incentives to execute your sustainability strategies
- Understanding how investors analyse the sustainability performance of organisations
- Effectively communicating your sustainability efforts to investors and other stakeholders
Your learning environment
You will learn in-person on the highest classroom in Europe on Level 50 of One Canada Square in Canary Wharf, London. You will be taught by academics from the UCL School of Management, the business school of University College London, one of the world’s leading universities. Your peers will be a diverse group of mid-senior level executives from a range of industries, bringing a wealth of different experiences.
UCL’s progressive approach means you’ll learn cutting-edge sustainability practices, while also having the freedom to challenge and think differently.
In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 95% of the UCL School of Management’s research was considered world-leading and internationally excellent. Choosing the UCL Executive Negotiations Programme gives you access to world-leading academics who combine their unique research with real-world practical solutions.
Paolo Taticchi is a Professor in Strategy and Sustainability and the Deputy Director of the MBA and Global Engagement at UCL School of Management.
He has teaching experience in fifteen countries and has carried out internationally recognised research on performance measurement and management, business networks and corporate sustainability. Outside of academia, Paolo has significant consultancy experience and has co-founded three firms in the fields of engineering and consultancy.
Who should apply?
This programme is suitable for a wide-range of participants, including
- Senior executives to mid-level managers in different functions and mid-level sustainability managers
- Investment professionals, including those who work in shareholder relations
- SME entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Corporate, nonprofit, or government leaders interested in forging strategic business partnerships or leaders that have worked across all three sectors
- Business academics who are interested in shifting mindsets about the strategic role played by sustainability in modern organisations
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements to our executive education programmes, however, typically our applicants will have:
- a minimum of five years' work experience
- a bachelor's degree or higher
- a good level of English (an English language test is not required for this programme, however, the programme is taught entirely in English without translation, and so you should be comfortable communicating in English.)
How can you apply?
You can apply to the programme by completing our application form which shouldn't take you more than five minutes to complete.
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by the Executive Education Team who will be in touch to discuss your place on the programme and to arrange payment.
Fees for this three-day programme are £3,600.
For more information on what the programme fee covers, or to discuss your fees, please speak to our Executive Education Team.
Payment for your place on the programme should be made using a credit/debit card on the UCL Store. You will receive an access code for the UCL Store from the Executive Education Team once your place in the programme is confirmed.
If you would prefer to pay by invoice, please discuss this with the team.
Payment is due in full at least 10 working days prior to the start of the programme.
30% Club scholarship
As part of our school-wide dedication to equality, diversity and inclusion, the UCL School of Management is offering two 30% Club scholarship places each year on our executive programmes.
For this programme, a scholarship covering the entire programme fee will be awarded to one eligible individual. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you should select the checkbox “I am applying for the 30% Club Scholarship” during your application.
Are corporate partner rates/alumni discounts applicable?
Yes, we do offer discounts for alumni and for some corporate partners. Please contact our Executive Education team to discuss your eligibility email@example.com
Why choose us
As a programme attendee, you’ll benefit from a personalised approach that champions innovation, creativity and cross-disciplinary working.
The UCL School of Management, based in Canary Wharf, London, was recently ranked in the top five of UK business schools by The Guardian, and UCL is consistently ranked in the global top 20 for its academic excellence and research. You’ll be learning from a university that combines cutting-edge thinking with a disruptive spirit, helping you to develop the skills that will allow you to fulfil your potential and achieve real results for your organisation.
In this short video, Professor Taticchi explains the purpose of the programme, and some of the key things you can expect to take away and use right away.
Register for information
Want to know more? Fill in the form below to download our programme brochure and discuss your education with our team.
An English language test is not required for this programme, however, the programme is taught entirely in English without translation, and so you should be comfortable communicating in English.