The School of Management Careers team provides bespoke and exclusive careers support for SoM students and is formed by two teams - our Careers Consultant team who provide careers coaching and guidance via 1:1s and group workshops, and our Employer Engagement team who facilitate connections with employers and alumni both in the UK and globally via bespoke employer event programmes. This is an essential complement to our academic programmes, enabling us to best prepare our students for their future careers and support them to identify and achieve their goals.
At UCL School of Management, we understand how important it is to set our students up for the best possible career. Time and time again, students tell us that this is one of the primary drivers for them when they decide to pursue a postgraduate degree.
That’s why we’ve launched a ‘PGT Careers and Professional Development Programme’ - a new series of events designed to give students a detailed insight into the specific roles within their desired industry and help students explore the various options to find what’s right for them and prepare for the at times, challenging recruitment processes.
At the centre of the programme are a suite of Careers Electives – a series of over 19 different webinar sessions spanning the three streams; Explore your Options, Find Opportunities and Prepare to Apply, and key sector preferences of our students. All of the sessions which will take place are open exclusively to 2020/21 UCL School of Management postgraduate students.
Working closely with a broad range of employers from all sectors, we organise a programme of activities designed to maximise opportunities for our students to network and build strong connections with employers. Our students participate in activities which allow them to develop a highly competitive skillset and strong and current commercial awareness.
As part of the dedicated employer engagement programme, our students enjoy exclusive access to:
- Industry Insight Sessions
- Employer led business games and skills sessions
- Employer presentations
- Employer led CV checking, mock interviews and mock assessment centres
- Employer involvement in academic teaching
- Access to the wider employer activity programme organised by UCL Careers
Employers who have previously participated in the School’s programmes include:
Recruit our Students
Whether you need to recruit for permanent graduate-level positions, projects or internships, our global student community can meet the most diverse recruitment needs. Our rigorous selection criteria across our courses mean that, as a recruiter, you can be confident that much of the initial work has already been done for you.
Ways you can engage with our students:
- Advertise your vacancies: target your opportunities, internships and placements to specific courses and year groups. We will advertise your opportunities free of charge.
- Raise your profile: attend our industry insight sessions, deliver company presentations and support students by offering CV/application checking and mock interviews. You can get involved in these activities throughout the year.
- Industry Projects: benefit from an independent perspective on strategic issues by harnessing the expertise of our students. We welcome projects from all industry sectors and will be happy to discuss your needs further.
- Student Societies: our student societies are a vibrant part of the UCL School of Management community, led by students for students. Our Women in Management Society for example organises events designed to support our female talent reach their full potential.
If you are an employer who would like further information on how to engage with School of Management, please contact Shak Chowdhury, Employer and Alumni Engagement Manager at email@example.com.