Earlier this month, the UCL School of Management hosted its first Society Fair on Level 50 in the student area in Canary Wharf. The fair was an excellent opportunity for students to engage with various societies and expand their networks.
The fair featured the following six UCL societies, catering to different interests and aspirations of the students:
- Entrepreneurs Society, which promotes entrepreneurship and helping students create globally impactful start-ups.
- Women in Finance Society, which empowers and equip students from all-degree backgrounds with the right career tools and opportunities.
- Impact Careers Society, which provides students with the resources and services to learn more about how careers can create an impact in the world.
- Data Science Society, which spreads awareness of the potential power of AI to define our future, knowledge on the building blocks of machine learning and opportunity to build a career in data science.
- Investment Society, which gives students the skills, knowledge and network required to obtain their dream career.
- Guild Society, which is UCL largest career club hub, aiming to give students the necessary tools to kick-start their career in the best possible way.
Each society offered unique insights into their areas and explained the different ways in which students can get involved. It was also an opportunity for students to connect, collaborate, and contribute to a community that aligns with their interests and aspirations.
UCL School of Management’s School Lead for Entrepreneurship Pierre-Jean (PJ) Hanard remarked “I am delighted to see such a diverse and vibrant range of societies at our school. They are a great way for our students to enrich their learning experience, develop their skills, and build their networks. I encourage all students to join at least one society that sparks their curiosity and passion”.
The event was the first of its kind at the School and proved to be a success in attracting a diverse range of students across our postgraduate programmes.
The fair was a showcase of the diversity and dynamism of the UCL School of Management community, the opportunities and resources available for students to pursue their career goals and interests, and the School’s commitment to fostering a culture of innovation and leadership among our students.
Learn more about the societies available at UCL.