Tuesday, 28 November 2023
17:00 – 19:30
Join us at the University College London School of Management for an interactive event on the state and future of Artificial Intelligence Governance in public policy across public, private, and third sectors.
The event will be split into two parts, and will then be followed by canapes and drinks to continue the discussion and admire the views across the city of London.
Part 1: Research Talk on AI Governance in Asian Contexts.
We are delighted to welcome Wilson Wong, Founding Director and Associate Professor of Data Science and Policy Studies Programme, Faculty of Social Science, at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and a former fellow at the Center of Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences (CASBS) of Stanford University. Professor Wong’s research draws on a mixed-method approach, including qualitative content analysis of national AI strategies and case studies, to provide a comparative perspective on AI Governance across countries and regions. His research reveals so far overlooked gaps in AI governance in public policy and uniquely highlights that overlooked AI policy gaps can have more profound consequences than AI policy priorities.
Part 2: Fireside chat on AI trajectories in Asian and Western contexts.
The evening will conclude with a focused discussion between Prof. Wong and Prof. Angela Aristidou, UCL School of Management and UKRI Future Leadership Fellow, exploring differences and convergences between AI governance trajectories in Asian and Western contexts.
Dr Wilson Wong
- Founding Director and Associate Professor of Data Science and Policy Studies, Faculty of Social Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Honorary Senior Research Associate, UCL School of Management (UKRI FLF IaS Research program)
- Former CUHK-Stanford Fellow, Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University
- Area Lead Editor, Data and Policy (Cambridge University Press)
- Associate Editor, Nature Humanities and Social Sciences Communications
- Editorial Board Member: International Review of Administrative Sciences
Dr Angela Aristidou
- Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UCL School of Management, University College London
- Digital Fellow at the Digital Economy Lab at the Human-centre AI Centre at Stanford University
- UKRI Future Leader Fellow, leading an interdisciplinary research team of postdoctoral and doctoral researchers to examine cross-sector innovations. This cross-country research program spans the USA, UK, Canada, and China.
- Former Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University
- PhD Researcher, UCL School of Management, University College London
- Visiting Researcher at the Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Innovating Across Sectors Team (UK Research Innovation Fund, PI: Angela Aristidou)
Reserve your place
Last updated Thursday, 26 October 2023