This is part of the pre-entry online careers resource for offer holders joining us this autumn.
In this session you’ll learn more about the consulting sector, as well as some of the different career paths available. We’ll also share insights on the current labour market and details of employers recruiting into this sector, as well as important recruitment deadlines to be aware of.
We will be joined by alumni working at McKinsey & Company and Accenture, who will share their career journey and give advice on how you can best utilise the careers support available in order to aid your quest for a career in consulting.
Throughout the year you’ll enjoy access to an ongoing programme of careers support featuring sessions specifically relevant to the Consulting sector, so you’ll learn more about these and how they will help you in your preparation.
At the end of this virtual session, students will be able to:
- Improve their understanding of the consulting sector, as well as the employment market, available career paths and key employers recruiting in this sector
- Learn about graduate employer recruitment processes and timelines within this sector
- Identify career support available to enhance understanding of the consulting sector and how to secure a role in this area
important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information. Please ensure that your student number is entered correctly on the registration form, as any forms without a valid student number will automatically be rejected.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.