This is part of the pre-entry online careers resource for offer holders joining us this autumn.
In this virtual session, you’ll learn more about the finance sector and the different career paths available, and you’ll gain valuable insights into the current labour market. You will also gain knowledge on employers recruiting in this sector, as well as important recruitment deadlines that you may need to be aware of.
We will then be joined by UCL School of Management alumni working at UBS, VISA and Marsh Investments, who will share their career journey and give advice on how to utilise the careers support available in order to aid your quest for a career in finance.
Throughout the year you’ll enjoy access to an ongoing programme of careers support, featuring sessions relevant to the finance & banking sector, so you’ll learn more about these and how they will help you in your preparation.
At the end of this virtual session, students will be able to:
- Improve their understanding of the finance and banking sector, as well as the employment market, available career paths and key employers recruiting into this sector
- Learn about graduate employer recruitment processes and timelines within this sector
- Understand resources available to further help students in exploring careers in finance
- Hear from alumni now working in finance who will showcase their career journey and how they utilised careers support effectively to find their roles
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.