Based on a survey of Chinese employers conducted by the British Council in 2018, Chinese students, who study in the UK, gain several advantages that help them stand out in the Chinese graduate market. Studying at UCL can add to these too. Join this interactive session just for our Chinese students to help you understand what they are and how you can highlight them in your job search both in China and the UK.
We will also provide an overview of the graduate market in China including types of employers and recruitment practices as well as how to use your UCL experience to improve your application documents whether for home or the UK.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of applying back home alongside making applications for UK graduate roles
- Get an overview of the graduate employment market in China including types of employers, vacancies, routes in, timelines and recruitment practices
- Know what Chinese employers are looking for and how the skills and experiences you gained at UCL may give you an advantage.
- Understand how these skills can be leveraged for your UK search as well
- Be aware of timelines and recruitment practices in China
- Reflect on any challenges you may face if returning home after your Master’s
- Understand some of the differences between a CV for the UK Graduate Market and one for China
- Know some relevant job boards in China
- Think about next steps
Spaces are limited so reserve early to avoid disappointment.
This event is part of Stream 2 of the Careers and Professional Development Programme series for UCL School of Management postgraduate 2020/21 students.