Online assessment centres are very much the norm now for many employers and a trend that is likely to continue even in the post-pandemic future.
Preparing for an assessment centre and demonstrating the skills needed to work effectively in teams virtually can be challenging and a popular tool used by employers to assess candidates at their teamworking skills is the group exercise.
Group exercises are a popular selection tool used in assessment centres, where candidates are given the opportunity to work on a business case study, apply their analytical skills and as part of a team come up with a business solution.
In this session you’ll learn more about how to make a virtual impact through participation in a mock assessment centre group exercise, where working in groups you’ll be observed by assessors and get guidance and advice on your strengths and areas for further development.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Identify the range of activities that virtual assessment centres may incorporate
- Identify suggestions for improving your personal impact in virtual teams
- Participate in a business case study based group exercise, a common feature of employer assessment centres
- Identify your strengths and areas for further development through feedback provided by participating assessors
- Develop a deeper understanding of the skills typically assessed for in assessment centre group exercises
Spaces are limited so reserve early to avoid disappointment.
This event is part of Stream 3 of the Careers and Professional Development Programme series for UCL School of Management postgraduate 2020/21 students.