This is part of the pre-entry online careers resource for offer holders joining us this autumn.
In this virtual session, we will help students take their CV and cover letters to the next level and stand out to employers. We’ll put them in the role of the recruiter to highlight the best ways they can pinpoint their skills to meet the requirements of an employer.
By the end of the session, students will be able to:
- Evaluate a CV and cover letter from an employer’s perspective.
- Understand the importance of tailoring their CV and cover letter to meet the requirements of the employer and analyse the job description for this information
- Formulate evidence at a more granular level and with more achievement-oriented language to support their skills and strengths in an impactful way
- Understand how the CV and cover letter complement each other
- Apply an understanding of how to research a company to create a more effective cover letter
- Structure a well presented and coherent cover letter
important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information. Please ensure that your student number is entered correctly on the registration form, as any forms without a valid student number will automatically be rejected.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.