This is part of the pre-entry online careers resource for offer holders joining us this autumn.
A solid idea of career direction fosters great applications. This virtual session will help students identify their values, strengths and skills to help pinpoint their career direction. We’ll also provide an overview of the application process to help student plan effectively over the academic year and achieve their career goals.
By the end of the event, students will be able to:
- Better identify their unique set of values, skills and strengths to help clarify their career direction
- Articulate three ways to research the careers market and career options
- Evaluate how your unique set of skills and strengths maps onto the job market to identify roles in which you will thrive and have something to offer
- Evaluate the steps and timings in the job application process so you can more effectively plan your job search given the demands of coursework
- Articulate some of the ways the careers service can support you over the year
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.