This is part of the pre-entry online careers resource for offer holders joining us this autumn.
In this session, we will be joined by a UCL Alumni working in investment banking who will help demystify the industry. You’ll learn more about how investment banking businesses are structured, better understand the difference between work carried out in front office and middle office, and learn how this shapes the huge range of career paths open to graduates from trading to corporate banking.
You’ll also hear how the work in investment banks is being impacted by various developments and challenges in the wider world.
The session will include specific sections on the following topics to enhance student engagement and ensure learning outcomes are delivered:
- What is investment banking?
- What are the key trends and challenges impacting this area of work?
- What career paths are available and what do these roles entail?
- What are the key skills required by investment banking professionals and how can you demonstrate these skills?
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.