In this session, we’ll help demystify the world of investment banking
You’ll learn more about how investment banking businesses are structured, better understand the difference between work carried out in the front office and middle office, and how this shapes the huge range of career paths open to graduates from trading to corporate banking.
You’ll also hear how the work in investment banks is being impacted by various developments and challenges in the wider world.
This event will help you to:
- Improve your understanding of investment banking in the finance sector
- Identify current trends and challenges impacting work in wealth management
- Identify careers pathways within investment banking
- Identify the skills required in this area of work to improve your chances of getting hired
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.