The technology-driven transformation is unprecedented and organizations must adapt fast. Innovation and customer-centricity is at the heart of businesses in this new digital age and organisations require new expertise and processes to drive growth and competitiveness. In this course, we will explore the impact of digital transformation on organizations, customers and wider environments.
This course will use examples and case studies to develop students’ understanding of current business practices and will be underpinned by academic research. Students will also gain exposure to industry practitioners, entrepreneurs and other professionals who will deliver guest sessions on issues facing businesses in the digital age.
Here are a few articles to get you started:
- Understand new digital-age business models
- Explore the impact of the connected consumer
- Evaluate the opportunities data and analytics bring to organizations
- Identify the role of innovation in the digital age
- Assess key security challenges
- Key technology drivers in the digital age
- New tech-driven business models
- The born digital disrupters & the incumbents
- The connected consumer & the digital trail
- Innovation through insight & big data
- Creating connected societies
- Security in the digital age
40% project, 20% presentation and 40% essay.
Readings and other material will be provided on a weekly basis