This course introduces key marketing concepts, methods and strategic issues of relevance to start-up and early stage entrepreneurs. In addition, the key concepts of date analytics as they relate to entrepreneurial marketing will be addressed.
- Students will study creating and capturing value, differentiation and positioning, segmentation, market and customer research, forecasting and pricing, creating an online presence, communications, networking, community and ecosystem, market entry strategies, channel analytics and quantitative customer segmentation.
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Test, assess and forecast customer demand and lifetime value
- Develop a set of relevant marketing activities and use analytics to assess impact
- Set specific, measurable and actionable marketing metrics
- Create a clear brand positioning, values and ethos
- Develop an online presence and identify opportunities for community building
- Identify the best ways of bringing to market the new product/service
50% group project of 10,000 words; 50% individual project of 3,000 words