The objective of this module is to expose students to the world of hedge funds by focusing on some of the most commonly used strategies employed in the industry. Beyond the lectures of the course, the class is divided into groups that form individual funds that are tasked with managing a portfolio of paper money using some of the concepts developed in class. Every class will include a discussion of market conditions as well as how funds are performing. This discussion mimics morning meetings ate real hedge funds.
- Learn about some of the more ubiquitous strategies used by hedge funds
- Get a hands-on experience in managing a large portfolio of paper money in a team setting
- Explore versus hedging techniques to improve risk-adjusted performance of fund
- Analyze interesting trades or deals via two case studies
- Enhance financial awareness by following various markets and discussing them during every class
Examination (2 hours) 60%, Group coursework 40%
Lhabitant, F.; “Handbook of Hedge Funds”. 2007. Wiley. 1ed.
Stefanini, F.; “Investment Strategies of Hedge Funds”. 2006. Wiley .7ed.