Upon successful completion of the module, a student will be able to:
- Understand how financial markets operate.
- Analyse equities and bonds.
- Undertake portfolio analysis.
- Price simple financial assets.
- Understand the various derivative instruments and their uses.
- Asset classes and financial instruments
- Securities markets
- Portfolio theory
- Bond prices and yields.
- Equity valuation
- Options markets
- Futures markets and risk management
90% assessed by exam and 10% individual coursework (two problem sets)
Current students should refer to Moodle for specific details of the current year’s assessment.
Essentials of Investments
Authors: Bodie, Kane, & Marcus
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 10 edition (16 Feb. 2017)